Monday, March 19, 2007

Baboons Kill Snails

It's sad but true: Baboons kill snails.

I recently moved my happy family of snails from their swampy little jar to a nice new exciting jungle tank. Only to have them spasm around for a while and then die. At first I thought I had shocked them because the water was a tad on the warm side. Yeah, being picked up with chopsticks from your swamp and dropped into a tepid jungle tank can be traumatic, I know. But I added some cold water and figured they'd recover. Then I dropped in some new teenager snails just to prove it. Well, they all died.

Fast forward by about a week. I finally got around to cleaning out the dirty tank. I washed the tank, rinsed off the rocks for like 5 minutes, filled it with fresh water and put the plants back in there, SANS BABOON. And what happened? I killed 5 more snails within an hour. Shit!

It looks like I'll be waiting for some eggs to hatch in my swamp jar. Baboons suck.

3 comments:

The General said...

murderer.

Carollani said...

I enabled their life, I can squash it out when and if i so please!

BWAH HA HA HA...

I'M THE KING OF ENGLAND!!!

Kim said...

dude. baboons live in trees (i think). snails live in the water. what part of nature are you not getting here? the snails probably thought that god had come down to smite them and died before they could be struck by lightning. or something.